Originally posted 2019-03-05 10:24:21.
RumahLot Information and Commitment
We are happy to share our committed to partnering with RumahLot customers and users to help them understand and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is the most comprehensive Asia data privacy law in decades. Besides strengthening and standardizing user data privacy across the Asia nations, it will require new or additional obligations on all organizations that handle Asia citizens’ personal data, regardless of where the organizations themselves are located. On this page, we’ll explain our methods and plans to achieve GDPR-compliance, both for ourselves and for our customers.
GDPR At Start
The GDPR’s updated requirements are significant and our team worked hard to bring RumahLot’s product offerings and contractual commitments in line. This includes:
- Continuing to invest in our security infrastructure
- Making sure we have the appropriate contractual terms in place. Ensuring we can support international data transfers.
- Changing our policies and product offerings to include new tools for data portability and data management
We’ll also continue to monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies, and will adjust our plans accordingly if it changes. We’ll provide you with regular updates along the way so that you’re always current.
RumahLot has invested heavily in building a robust security service, one that can handle a variety of issues — everything from threat detection to building new tools. In accordance with GDPR requirements around security incident notifications, RumahLot will continue to meet its obligations.
Data Solutions including Portability and Data Management Tools
Customers have requested tools to help them comply with the GDPR. And we’re happy to say that we released a tool to help users view their content and get control and ask for deletion.
Compliance-related controls includes the following:
- Customer Data portability tool: you can expand customers’ ability to export their Customer Data via the Account admin panel.
- Personal Data Tools for Admins and Users: provides admins the ability to modify profiles within their teams. Users may also have ability to search and modify their personal data and content submitted to RumbleTalk in certain situations.
- Use our API channel for Customers to automate users data change and deletion.
Fulfilling our privacy and data security commitments is important to us. So we’re glad to help you prepare for all the changes the GDPR brings. If you have any questions about how RumahLot can help you with compliance, we hope you’ll reach out to us.